There are so many delicious recipes for easy breakfasts but there aren’t as many which go heavy on the veggies and nutrition without going easy on the taste. Breakfast should not only revive and awaken your taste buds but also you!
So check out our easy latino vegetable frittata, so quick, so easy and light, not to mention absolutely delicious, it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
In our frittata recipe, we have used chopped onions, white or red, and shallots are nice too; sliced red peppers, a handful of broccoli florets, and some garlic, and if you like, a bit of mature cheddar, though you can forgo this if you’re dairy-free. Remember, the key to a healthy plate is colour!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- An assortment of sliced or chopped vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil/thyme/coriander mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- In a large oven-proof nonstick pan, put some oil into it over medium heat. Add your chopped up veggies and give them a stir they are fairly tender. This should take around five minutes. Add the garlic and herbs and stir until the mix has combined.
- Whisk up your eggs with a splash of water and two tablespoons of olive oil. This is where you add the cheese if you want to.
- Pour the eggs over you veggies, stirring all the time over a medium heat so it doesn’t burn on the outside before it’s cooked on the inside. Occasionally lift the edges of the ever-hardening frittata so as to allow the soft, uncooked eggy bits of mixture to move to the bottom and cook underneath.
- cut into slices and serve with salsa and some avocado!
photo credit: Young wifes guide