When searching for delicious recipes to pass on to our readers, we look for three main factors, tastiness, inventiveness and quickness. This one pot pasta dish takes the biscuit, the awards and the tastebuds too. It is about to become a serious habit.
We took inspiration from the Buzzfeed 21 one pot pasta dishes but these dang ingredients are vegan, delicioso and our own! Truly you can always use whatever you’ve got in the cupboard or fridge with this one. It’s the fact that it all goes in the one pot and cooks within 15 minutes that rocked our palettes.
A rich sauce is magically made from the pasta water and whatever ingredients you’ve added – especially if you use tomatoes. We loved the fact there is zero fuss, one pan and the end result is a delicious pot of tasty Vegan pasta!
The key to success with this recipe is to make sure you measure your water carefully and to use a large shallow sauté pan, wok or deep frying pan or one that is large enough to fit the spaghetti lying down on the bottom of it. Unless you use pasta twirls or Orecchiette.
So, without further ado, here’s our gluten-free, vegan recipe and ingredients! We don’t include measures because it will differ depending on how many you’re making for – you can decide that yourself!
- dry gluten-free pasta/ spaghetti/
- a handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 courgettes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped up
- vegan bouillion
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 Tbsp olive, 1 clove of minced garlic. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp sea salt and stir. Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until a golden brown color is achieved, then add the mushrooms and courgettes. Fry until they have colour.
- To the same pan, add the pasta, water, bouillion, 1 tsp black pepper
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat until the pasta is cooked to your satisfaction (around 10 minutes), stirring once or twice so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Once cooked, stir everything together, taste and add some chilli flakes if you like (we like, always).
photo credit: Yup It’s Vegan