Astound your mates into buying you another drink with these six interesting facts about the wonderfully odd human body!
1. Ever wondered why gyms have mirrors facing the running machines? Nope, not for the Muscled Maxes and Maries, but in fact, for all of us! Apparently watching one’s self in a mirror on the treadmill makes one workout faster! So stop avoiding making eye contact with yourself for your own good!
2. Ever suffered with Athlete’s Foot? Rub some Garlic on it! Garlic has wonderful microbial properties which fight against fungus!
3. A 2008 study proved that Sexologists could actually determine a woman’s history of vaginal orgasm, solely by her walk. The analysis revealed that the stride length and vertebral rotation were greater for women who enjoyed vaginal orgasms which they suggested could reflect a freer, unblocked flow of energy from the legs through to the pelvis and the spine.
4. We should all be much fitter in England than we are. Apparently walking in water or against the wind burns approximately 50 more calories an hour, so if you take our weather into consideration…
5. Apparently rinsing out your nose with salt water can help against fight allergies and lessen hayfever. Dr. Melissa Pynnonen from the Michigan Sinus Center believes that nasal irrigation is an economic way to finding relief from allergies and general nasal congestion.
6. Contrary to wide and popular belief, (and it pains me to write this) we humans actually use 100% of our brains and not the 10% (ish) that is so commonly thought. Apparently this modern misconception could have come about by the misinterpretation of a quote from that brainbox Einstein, who said, “We are making use of only a small part of our possible mental and physical resources” (from The Energies of Men, p. 12). In typical Chinese whisperish fashion, this has been changed down the years to the modern misconception.